Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday
To my gift, my daughter and my friend
There is nothing more rewarding
than being your mom.
I think back of the first day how perfect you are.
I remember hearing you cry, your little hands and your little feet.
I wondered what you might think,
as you looked at me,
with not a word.
The security you found in my arms,
as you lie on my chest I listen as you breath
Remember I will do my best was my plea
your skin so soft, you cuddle close the sweet baby scent.
I know in my heart you are heaven sent
The warmth the peace
brings meaning and purpose
fulfilling my destiny no longer half hearted.
You climb up on my lap once again,
Happy Birthday
My smiling friend
Over the course of time
you have blossomed and grown, your generous heart
your smiling face The laughter the love,
I know in my heart you are from heaven above
My gift, my daughter and my friend
From a child I watch as you act so independent,
your first part in the 1st grade play
helping you with your words to say.
Remembering you turning five like it was yesterday.
your too busy for cuddles and kisses,
hoping you don’t have to grow up too fast,
I hold you close, still so sweet and soft as you sleep,
One more lullaby I sing.
Happy Birthday sweet sixteen
My gift, my daughter and my friend
with a life of your own you began. The gift I hold close, my memories they start, I will hold each of them close to my heart.
Being there with you through the joy and the pain
knowing in life the disappointments when they came.
And for all of the many feelings that life will take you through.
Being there My gift, my daughter and my friend As the years press through Remember I will do my best was my plea
Happy Birthday
One more What a gift you are to me
Happy Birthday
To my gift, my daughter and my friend LOVE mom

No comments: